That is me!
All or nothing?
A fixed mindset
Not starting something until everything is perfectly in place
Constant fear of failure
Some examples are.
I will start eating healthier when I have been and bought a whole weeks of food
I’ve eaten some crisps so I may as well not eat healthy for the rest of the week
I didn’t work out today so I may as well start next week
Not presenting a piece of work until is perfect
Putting things off constantly until tomorrow
Whilst I am not all of those things, I can say I have been the majority.
Let’s take defensiveness – I still struggle with this and have to have a word with myself on the regular
All or nothing – with food yes, that Sunday nightfeeling when you eat the whole house because you are starting your diet tomorrow.
A fixed mindset – there is only one way. We forget to keep an open mind and be open to a different way of doing things.
I am recovering and I can’t actually believe how far I have come.
Here is what I have been trying over the years (it’s not overnight)
- Being kinder to myself and allowing mistakes – seeing them as a learning tool rather than a negative
- Trying not to procrastinate – and if I do, questioning if the task I keep putting off is even something I need to do
- Calling myself out on it
- Learning to take criticism and knowing that it mostly comes from a good place rather than an attack
- Checking in with my goals – are they still realistic and relevant
- Getting rid of life’s negatives – people, social media accounts, tv programmes, music. If it doesn’t make you feel good, it’s not benefitting you.
Are you also a perfectionist or a recovering one? Tips welcome!!
#motivation #perfectionist #perfectionism #nutrition #fitness #health #healthylifestyle #gym #weightloss #workout #healthy #healthyfood #diet #lifestyle