I asked a question in a recent poll I did.
Do you associate building muscle with health? 40% of women answer no!
One of the reasons I am training to be a person trainer is to spread the word that resistance training is a game changer for health both physical and mental. I am very passionate about it. Resistance training equals building muscle if done correctly. I want to teach/show women how empowering it is and how it will change your body composition.
You have to know that building muscle equals a healthier body and healthier mind!
- Improvements in balance, posture and coordination
- Strengthens your bones and tendons reducing risk of injury
- You will be thankful when you are older – you will be so much more functional with everyday activities
- You will feel and be strong AF, it’s very empowering lifting a heavy weight or doing your first pull up
- It improves insulin sensitive – if you have T2D you need to be resistance training
- Heart health – lowers your risk of heart attacks and strokes – it’s not only cardio.
- Obvious one – builds muscle
- Helps to build self confidence
- As we get older, we lose muscle, resistance training will help us keep hold of it
- You will burn more calories at rest as our muscles need more energy
Is that enough? There are way more.
Building muscle is a must! You should be including some form of it into your training week. Please message me if you need guidance.
I have a guest article up on my website, it written by Dave from MP Calisthenics. The benefits of strength training, he goes into more detail than I can on this post. A must read 🙂
#strengthtraining #strengthtrainingforwomen #strengthandconditioningtraining #strengthttraining #trainingstrength #strengthpersonaltraining #buildmuscle #musclebuilding #buildingmuscle #buildingmuscles #musclebuild #calisthenicsmovement #calisthenicstraining